Just looking for a label, I think I’ve found it. The Ultimate Consumer – beyond church shopping, one of those people who can never be satisfied…
- who cut their teeth on consumer church and ended up so self-centered that they won’t attend Sunday morning services.
- who must believe that there is a perfect church out there somewhere filled with perfect people. We can just assume that’s what they’re looking for.
- who got wounded somewhere along the way and never get over themselves. We can just assume they are bitter and stuck where they were years ago.
- who are too independent to learn from anyone else, have all the answers, and don’t want to be told what to do. We can just assume they are close minded, critical, and against structured church.
- who don’t get along well with others except a few buddies. We can just assume they only like people like themselves and don’t want to be around people who are difficult to love, otherwise they would be in church with us.
- who really missed it because they aren’t doing church our way.
Yeah, sliced, diced, and de-iced . . . we can just assume.