Sorry about my absence. While I was sick in bed for a week, I was wondering about this and thought that perhaps some of you would have answers, thoughts, or ideas.
- The incarnation of Jesus as part of God’s original plan.
- The crucifixion of Jesus as part of God’s rescue mission.
Thoughts and Questions:
- Had the fall not occurred, what would adoption into God’s family and becoming the Bride of Christ look like?
- Choice would be necessary either way.
- Maybe failure on the part of mankind was inevitable.
- Would this mean that redemption was also part of God’s original plan?
- Given foreknowledge, omniscience, etc. perhaps it doesn’t work to talk about God in terms of plan A and plan B.
I’m sure you all stay awake at night thinking about these things. :)
What do you think?