I know this is a little random, but I thought that maybe those of you who are tired of the same old conversation might enjoy this.
I thought about calling it Missional Cheesecake since technically you could share it with your neighbors.
Next week I’ll be posting pictures of my cat. Just kidding! I don’t have a cat.
Dark Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
* 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (9)
* 6 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon grated Starbuck’s Mocha Dark Chocolate
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup Starbuck’s cream liqueur
* 1/8 cup espresso
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3-oz bar of Starbuck’s Mocha Dark Chocolate, grated, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom of oven.
2. Mix the melted butter, crumbs, sugar and 1T grated chocolate. Press into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until very smooth. Add sour cream. coffee liqueur, and espresso. Mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. Fold in 2/3 of the grated chocolate. Do not overmix at this point. Pour batter into crust.
4. Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until just set. Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling. Sprinkle remaining grated chocolate on top of cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
You could substitute regular dark chocolate, but the mocha in the Starbuck’s chocolate is really good. You could also substitue Kahlua or Bailey’s for the Starbuck’s liqueur. And I’m sure you could substitute something else altogether instead of the liqueur, but I don’t know why you would.
10 thoughts on “Dark Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake”
Ah Grace… you really now the way to a girls heart.
I plan on making this for our Sunday Celebration day… the day we don’t observe Lent.
Thanks for the much needed distraction!
I’m not sharing that with anybody. Not even the kids. ;-)
Random is good …
Mocha Cheesecake it will be … I am on a mission today …. licking the beaters will inspire …. my neighbors I shall ring …
Let me know how it turns out. I’m still fine tuning the amount of liquid and the baking time in order to have a perfect texture.
You crack me up. :)
Good luck Mark!
Grace, you just made me stumble in the best possible way….
I still think you need to mail me one to test for you. ;-)
Stumbling into cheesecake isn’t all bad.
Well, if you’re ever in my neck of the woods, I’ll make one for you.
If anyone tries this, let me know how it turns out for you and if you tweaked the recipe at all.
Is this the one you tweeted about? Can’t wait to try it!
Yes, and my offer to kay applies to you and your wife too. I’m sure that a cheesecake is worth a trip to the middle of nowhere. :)