I know this is a little random, but I thought that maybe those of you who are tired of the same old conversation might enjoy this.
I thought about calling it Missional Cheesecake since technically you could share it with your neighbors.
Next week I’ll be posting pictures of my cat. Just kidding! I don’t have a cat.
Dark Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
* 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (9)
* 6 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon grated Starbuck’s Mocha Dark Chocolate
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup Starbuck’s cream liqueur
* 1/8 cup espresso
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3-oz bar of Starbuck’s Mocha Dark Chocolate, grated, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom of oven.
2. Mix the melted butter, crumbs, sugar and 1T grated chocolate. Press into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until very smooth. Add sour cream. coffee liqueur, and espresso. Mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. Fold in 2/3 of the grated chocolate. Do not overmix at this point. Pour batter into crust.
4. Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until just set. Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling. Sprinkle remaining grated chocolate on top of cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
You could substitute regular dark chocolate, but the mocha in the Starbuck’s chocolate is really good. You could also substitue Kahlua or Bailey’s for the Starbuck’s liqueur. And I’m sure you could substitute something else altogether instead of the liqueur, but I don’t know why you would.