This week’s thoughts and links are admittedly random. I probably should have titled them “random linkage” or something like that.
I ordered my first guinness last night.
Are you waiting expectantly to know what I thought of it?
Well, I’ll tell you…
Yo dawg, check it out. It was alright, it was just alright for me.
But it looked really beautiful, just beautiful. Stunningly dark and topped with a lovely inch of foam, it just seemed really special and unique.
Here’s the deal: it was beer. Not particularly inspiring, maybe even forgettable, probably the kind of beer you would find on a cruise ship.
But I would have another. ;)
Post of the week…
It has already been linked almost everywhere, but if you happen to live under a rock and missed this post of Cindy’s, be sure to read it.
Also widely linked was Jonathan’s post, Top 50 Possible Reasons Why You’re Not Emergent. Maybe I am emergent. What’s next, black eyeglasses?
Mr. Grace doesn’t know much about Mark Driscoll, but he watched the video clip I posted this week. His comment about the clip,
“Does he always wear the pretty little necklace?”
Rose Madrid Swetman took the discussion about Mark Driscoll’s comments to a whole new level. Rose became a hero of mine last year with her open letter to Mark in the midst of the controversy concerning his public statements about pastors’ wives.
If you’re looking for some interesting reading, I would suggest the posts from Glenn’s synchroblog dealing with issues of church transition:
- Aaron Monts: Why I Stayed
- Alan Knox: A Revolutionary? Who? Me?
- Barb: My Response
- Erin Word: Are We There Yet, Papa Smurf?
- Jane: Onward Christian Soldier
- Jason Ellis: Why I Ended Up A Free Charismatic Southern Bapti-Methodist Nondenominational Christian Sitting In A House Church On Sunday Mornings
- Jeff Greathouse: So, You Want To Change
- Jeff McQuilken: The Great Shift–and My Unwitting Part In It
- Jeromy Johnson: A Safe Place To Experiment
- Jim Lehmer: There Is No Spoon
- Jonathan Brink: Re-Emerging Church
- Kathy Escobar: Surviving Spiritual Vertigo
- Rainer: A Revolutionary?
- Sarah: My Story of Following Him Out
The IRS and IRA’s
Remember April 15 is almost here. You might want to ask Michael Lee to help you with your return.
I had to choose some funds for our IRA’s yesterday. This year it was just a matter of trying to find which fund sucked the least.
More for American Idol fans…
I was disappointed to see Michael Johns leave this week. I didn’t really expect for him to win, but he certainly wasn’t the worst of the remaining contestants.
Lots of discussion this week about “Shout to the Lord” on American Idol. I tend to be embarrassed about how we as christians react or over-react when “christian” things occur in mainstream media.
Last, but not least, here is a picture of Jason Castro without dreads.